Back in Naan

I think this meal really epitomizes the strange mixture of international flavours I was brought up on. We are known to mix a couple of flavors together for one meal since we learned early on moving to the States that we just can't find the exact ingredients we had back in Asia. We learned to improvise and really take advantage of the introduction to all the cuisines here within reach, Mexican, Indian, Italian, French, Korean, Japanese, Lebanese, and on and on. I think the only thing I know that's around that I haven't tried yet is Burmese and Ethiopian.

This is day two/last day of the naan dough. My god when I start counting the flavours in this meal I can spot Italian, Indian, American, English, and Belgian in one meal (See Ma, this is what happens when I live by myself, things get CRAZY! but seriously, I'm okay).

Naan Wellington, Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad, Hot Veggies with a glass of Orangutan


Makings:

  • Burger patties seasoned to way I wanted it to taste
  • Defrosted naan
  • Tomato, basil, mozzarella
  • Canned hot vegetables from Ohio
  • Pulpy orange juice
  • One bottle of Stella Artois
  • One shot of grenadine
Doings:
Pan fry the burger patty till done but still moist. Move the burger patty onto a slice of softened naan dough and cover with the other slice. Pinch the edges together and then back to pan fry the naan wellington until the naan is fluffy and crispy.

Tomato basil mozzarella pretty much make themselves into a salad when cubed with some balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. (yes it's implied you're an idiot if you don't know how to make this)

Canned Hot Vegetables from Ohio served themselves too out of the jar. Almost as amazing as a magician named Gob. Cue the Final Countdown please.

Ah yes, the Orangutan, which I was introduced to at a Belgian restaurant, is half beer, half orange juice with a shot of grenadine.

It was so delicious and then I pretty much immediately went to bed. Good stuff.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds so familiar to me! I had to improvise a lot too, adjusting Russian cuisine recipes to American grocery stores. But it is fun! Your food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. assimulation is a bitch, but then it does force us to be more creative doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

A blogger goes squeeeee when you RT a post, does cartwheels when you @ her with a tweet, but for the best all around effect, post a comment!