Keep things in perspective

My maternal family genealogy was hand copied by my ma as a child. The Chinese genealogy not only kept track of everyone's name, but also had a list of suggested characters for future names. It makes it easier for the parents who run out of ideas I guess.



Zang! Excellent planning, ancestor of way-back-when.







The genealogy book was "borrowed" by relatives but never returned. There goes my ma's hard work, jerks. This is why I may be related to a lot of people (ma and dad are both from families of eights), but very, very few who are considered family.


Even though I won't have that book anymore, I did spot a wonderful way to start my own.




Found at An Apple a Day, in the kitchen of a 171 year old home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blogger goes squeeeee when you RT a post, does cartwheels when you @ her with a tweet, but for the best all around effect, post a comment!